The printed photo poster is a contemporary and stylish option for your personal wall decoration. A photo poster of the furry family members in your child's room, photos from last year's carnival on the study door, or the skyline snapshot of New York which you took yourself, finely framed and hanging over the couch - there are countless opportunities to bring your photo poster to life, just the way you like it. Why not have a look on your hard drive, where there are bound to be many photos which are worth printing as a poster.
Main features of our wall photo posters:
- Paper: Paper: premium photographic paper for posters"PosterSatin 250"
- Size: from 20 cm (7.8") to 3 meters (118.1")
- Data delivery format: jpg
- Colour spectrum: s-RGB
- Here you will find the DPI resolution.
Poster printing is highly affordable personalised wall artPoster printing is a comfortable way to get your favourite pictures in an economical format which you can then hang up on your wall in just a few seconds. As children and teenagers, we used to enjoy hanging up posters of our favourite stars, cartoon heroes, singers and movie characters. Instead of printing them out, we would run off to the kiosk to buy the last magazine, tear out the poster sheets and hang them up on our bedroom wall. By printing a poster online, greater freedom to design every single feature is offered: the picture theme, print size, the actual text & fonts and further photography effects can be selected and personalised. In addition, custom posters cover a wide range of themes and occasions, including:
- wedding pics,
- newborn babies,
- holiday and sightseeing pictures (e.g. landscapes, buildings, monuments),
- family reunions,
- special events and meetings with friends,
- your favourite animal or pet.
Funny themes for online poster printingAs printing a poster online is so easy, posters are often designed as fast personalised photo gifts for friends and relatives. Offer them to your children, to your boyfriend or girlfriend or to your work colleagues. In the United Kingdom, some funny phrases and memes have become widespread standards to make a poster. A few examples of these funny poster phrases are:
- "Keep Calm And ..."
- "I Must Be A Mermaid",
- "It Could Happen To You" ,
- "I Must Be A Mushroom ".
Make your own poster: design tips for poster printingMaking your own poster is nowadays easier than ever. With just one good picture, a nice message and your personal computer, you will be well prepared to make a poster online. If the picture is powerful, you won't really need to add much to it to make it look good. Nonetheless, there are a few aspects you should consider before starting to use myphotobook's online poster maker software. Picture quality, size and the hanging system are some the topics that we discuss in the following section:
What's the best resolution for poster printing?The bigger the poster you want to print is, the more important it becomes to use an image with sufficient image resolution. The output resolution provided by your photographic camera or smartphone will vary from one model to the other. However, to find out the maximum allowed size for your picture, divide the picture length and heigth expressed in pixels by 25. As a result, a 3568 x 2368 pixel image can be printed in a maximum 142 x 94 cm size. For optimal resolution, divide the number of pixels by 60, if a part of the picture has been extended to make it look bigger, the resolution needed could be higher. By providing the right resolution, you can avoid having to send back the poster if it doesn't turn out as you expected (for instance, if the pictures look blurry). In any event, remember that myphotobook Ireland offers satisfaction guarantee. Please note that any images you upload to our online poster maker should follow the sRGB colour pattern. Although for poster printing it is generally recommended to use a CMYK colour modell, our software will automatically transform them into CMYK.
What's the best way to hang a poster?Thumb tacks and pins aren't really the safest methods to up posters, especially if your poster keeps falling off the wall. Besides, both the poster and wall could get damaged. Although adhesive strips usually work better, after some time they will also start to turn yellowish. The best way to hang a poster is to frame it. For this, we suggest having a look at myphotobook's framed prints (in acrylic or aluminium) and foam core mounted prints (Forex®). Forex mounted posters are indeed an easy and economical solution to hang up your pictures on a weatherproof PVC board.
What sizes are available for poster printing?myphotobook offers you a huge variety of poster sizes for printing purposes: 20x20 cm (7.8 x 7.8") is the smallest and 300x 100 cm (118.1 x 39.3") the biggest. Some other popular sizes for poster printing are:
- A1 poster printing (59.4 x 84.1) 23.3x33.1"
- A2 poster printing (42 x 59.4) 16.5x23.3"
- A3 poster printing (29.7 x 42) 11.69x16.5"
How it worksIs it the first time your order a poster online? If yes, we recommend you to go through the following steps to guarantee a successful order:
- measure the wall area where you would like to hang the poster;
- consider if it should be a square, portrait or landscape poster - this is heavily dependant on the original picture;
- check the image resolution and observe if the picture is good enough to be printed in the desired size;
- save different versions of the picture on your computer desktop (with different levels of contrast, brightness or with filters);
- go to our website myphotobook.co.uk and open up the online designer (or download the software on your computer);
- upload the picture,
- try out different backgrounds, cliparts, frames and visual effects;
- if you are satisfied with the final result, double-check it in preview modus.