Do it yourself
DIY crafts are a wonderful idea for cold and rainy days. On those long afternoons when you feel like staying at home, you can enjoy these suggestions for creative DIY ideas and crafts.
Do-it-yourself arts and crafts are accessible to everyone. As the instructions can be easily found both in books and the internet, no previous experience is required. In this section we will introduce you to some lovely craft ideas for your next DIY project, which can also be carried out by beginners.
DIY ideas for myself
DIY ideas for your home decor
DIY ideas - How to sort out wall pictures
What's the easiest way to put up wall pictures?
If you want to put up a group of pictures on a wall, try first with some coloured paper sheets. You can do this by yourself following these steps:
How it works:
- Cut the sheets at the size of the pictures
- Stick them on to the wall using sticky tape
- Stand back and check the order and distance between the pictures. Correct if necessary
- Place the nails and screws at the intended spot and press them onto the wall while perforating the sheets
- Tear off the paper and hang up the pictures
DIY gift ideas
Self-made items are truly charming. They make much appreciated and thoughtful gift ideas. Moreover, personalising a gift with photos turns into a unique object.
Would you like to send good news and present them really nicely? With these easy setps you can transform your retro photos into a scratchcard:
- Write a fitting message on your retro photos
- Cover up the surface of the photo with sticky tape
- Mix 1 to 2 drops of washing-up liquid with acrylic paint
- Use the mixed paint to cover up the photo and let it dry (repeat if necessary)
- Your scratchcard will be ready!